Monday, May 11, 2009

Star Trek 2009 was awesome!!!


I have to admit:

When I heard last year about the new Star Trek movie coming out this May, I was a little skeptical. Part of my skepticism was in that aren't Shatner and Nemoy like 70 years old. When I heard that it was a prequel, I thought that will never work.

Then I saw the trailer. HOLY SMOKES!!!

I went Thursday night (9:50 IMAX showing).

And it was AWESOME!!!

I was always a fan of the Next Generation, but was a little young for the original seasons. But I've seen the movies and enjoyed the show. So I've been a bit of a fan of the series.

Let me just say... "You NEED to see this flick." It was easily the "Iron Man" of this year. It's incredibly intense and action packed, with enough Trekkie "lingo" to keep the true trekkies happy. The storyline was great and CGI (thanks S.O.) was incredible, but believable. The guy who directed it, also directs one of my favorite shows: "Fringe."

But maybe the biggest thing was Zachary Quinto as Spock. The vast majority of the characters, no offense to anyone, could be played by a lot of actors or actresses... Kirk, Scotties, Uhura. But not Spock. It took a special actor to do that. And Quinto nailed it!!! He had the mannerisms, the look, the line delivery. He was Spock!

It was a great flick. If you're headed out to see a movie, take in this one. It's awesome!!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment