Friday, August 27, 2010

Tech that just works! - Dropbox

I love technology that just works. And especially technology that makes life easier.

Dropbox does that.

After a couple of people talking about it (thanks David), I checked it out. I'm playing with it... but I think it's going to work out well.

Basically it's server space for computers and smartphones that works across the Internet rather than on a local network. I can drop a file in the dropbox on my Mac and it will show up on my iPhone and my wife's Mac (when I get it downloaded and installed later). But if I know that I'm going to need a file on my computer on my phone, I can put it in there. (I'm testing out to see if I can do anything with digital media... like movies...)

But so far, it looks like it could be a very helpful thing. Especially the more mobile I/we tend to become. And the price is right... Free for less than 2gbs of storage.

Check it out.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment