Thursday, May 05, 2011

Goals...

Goals are a good thing. 

They keep us moving forward...
They keep us accountable for our actions, abilities and time...
They help us mark when we've succeeded...
They help us mark when we've failed...

They show us how we've grown.

I was thinking about goals a little bit tonight as I knocked out my first 4 mile run of my next training cycle... preparing for the full marathon.  And I stumbled on this picture.  (Which I like.)  Mostly because that how I see my next set of running goals... a long road heading into the sunset. 

The Flying Pig went well.  I've got some good distance accumulated so I'm rolling right into setting my next goal:

Completing my first full marathon...
26.2 miles...
Scheduled for September 17, 2011 at Wright Patterson Air Force Base in Dayton, OH...

Right now: My goal is to finish!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment