Monday, September 20, 2010

Akron 1/2 Marathon staight ahead!!!

It's tough to imagine that all I've been training for this summer is almost here.

-Saturday morning
-7 am
-Downtown Akron will be the Akron 1/2 Marathon.

So far this year I've put in about 300 miles in training for this 1/2 marathon. (Some were running and training before officially being on a training plan... but really, doesn't all the running that I've done up until now qualify as prep for my next race???)

I think I'm ready. Today, I only ran 5 miles. Which seems long unless you consider that last week on Monday I ran 11 miles. Today's accomplishment was pretty significant though... I ran 5 miles, all of which were under 9 minutes per mile. So I finished today's 5 mile run in 44m 50s. Which is great!!

I have one more run... a short little 2 miler on Thursday.

Then I'll be ready.

If you want to keep up with me for race weekend, there's a couple of ways to do it.
  • If you want "live" text message updates from the Akron marathon about my progress, you can sign up HERE and cheer me on from wherever you are... I'm assuming these will be pretty quick after crossing certain points on the race course... could be wrong though.
  • After the race, I will sync up my race time through Nike+ which will show up through my TWITTER page or my FACEBOOK page.
  • Finally, I will also put up a quick message with my time here on MY BLOG.
I'm looking forward to a great run and a great time. I'm especially looking forward to the free, post race massage!!! I'm really looking forward to enjoying the race atmosphere at this level since this will be my first 1/2 marathon.

Then... what will be next??? Flying Pig in Cincy??? Maybe returning to Akron for the full marathon??? Don't know...

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment