Thursday, November 26, 2009

5k Turkey Trot results

So the Turkey Trot went awesome this morning!!! (Here is Ben, Todd and I after it was done)

I was pleasantly surprised to find out that my Nike+ chip was off by about a 1 minute on my pace and 1/4 of a mile on my distance.

I finished 5k in 28m 38s. (HERE are the official results... I'm on page 38.) Usually I'm about 10 1/2 minute miles... but this morning was about 9 1/2 minute miles. Which is great for me. Officially I finished #1889 out of 5054!! Not bad!!! And officially according to their timing, my pace as 9m15s.

Overall it was a great experience. It was a little frustrating to deal with all the walkers... but for my first race, it was pretty good!!

Tomorrow I start working on a 10k and my sister wants me to run a half marathon (13.1 miles) with her in Columbus in the fall... That's a little crazy.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment