Thursday, December 31, 2009

End of 2009... Beginning of 2010...

It's hard to imagine that another year is almost at a conclusion. It seems to be that every year gets a bit faster. As a kid, it always took fffffooorrreevvveeerrr for Christmas and the holidays to get here. Now, it seems like it's here before you know it.

But as 2010 is set to arrive tonight (and for once, we'll be in eastern timezone as we're still in PA... which is odd since usually we're in North Aurora), I'm thinking about how 2010 should be different than 2009.

A couple of my New Years goals are similar to last year...
  • Read pages more than I spend watching TV.
  • Continue to lose weight... I've already lost 30 pounds and by October 17, I want to lose another 50 pounds.
  • Read a portion of the Bible everyday.
  • Run a 10K, half-marathon and maybe a full 26.2 mile marathon
These are several goals that I'm already in some way working on. As to whether or not I'll add new goals, I haven't decided yet... these are still a pretty hefty load.

But as 2010 arrives, I'm praying that I am open to following God's leading. Who knows, aside from God, what is coming in 2010. But I'm praying that I have the wisdom and faith to follow God in whatever He sets out before me. God is in front of me and behind me... "Then the angel of God, who had been traveling in front of Israel's army, withdrew and went behind them. The pillar of cloud also moved from in front and stood behind them... Exodus 14:19"

2010... I welcome you. And all that God is going to do through you.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment