Monday, February 22, 2010

Simply Youth Ministry Conference 2010


The Simply Youth Ministry Conference is THIS weekend here in the Chicagoland area!!!

I'm excited about this for a couple of reasons.

First, I get to see some awesome people that I love to connect with. I traded emails with some great friends today (Ben, Dan and Ken) as we set up dinner plans for Friday night. It will be great to see some faces that I haven't seen in a year or so... and it will be great to catch up on ministry and life with folks that I have been connected with for 5+ years... that's awesome!!!

Second, I get replenished with some great encouragement. This conference has some top notch talent. We will be taught by Doug Fields and Duffy Robbins. We'll be entertained by TobyMac and Nicole C. Mullin! That's worth the price of admission right there. Plus I'll rub shoulders with people who always challenge me and my thinking.

Third, it's right here in the Chicagoland... so I get to sleep in my own bed and still do the conference. I love to travel. But I also love to be home. It's great that it's here in Chicagoland... so I can drive in... do the conference... but then drive home and sleep in my own bed and hang out with my wife. Always a plus!!!

Finally, I get to make some new friends and encourage others. One of the unique and incredible things about this conference is that they shoot for relationships. The conference is big on relationships and relational time. I'll walk away having had some incredibly challenging conversations with people that I haven't met yet... but will after the weekend. I'll also walk away having invested in someone that I don't currently know. That's exciting.

I'm looking forward to this weekend. Looking forward to seeing old friends. Looking forward to catching up on life with them. Looking forward to making some new friends and new contacts. Looking forward to being taught by the best.

And looking forward to being replenished!!! Can't wait!!!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment