Friday, July 29, 2011

Mission Accomplished!!! New 5k PR and 24 minute mark broken!



Tonight was the annual Caldwell Fireman's Festival 5k here in Caldwell.  I've had this date circled on my calendar for a couple of months.  Why?  Because I had a couple of goals for tonight:
  • Set a new PR.  My previous was just about 7 months ago at the Zaney Reindeer 5k in Zanesville.  
  • Break the 24 minute mark.  In my previous 5k effort, I fell 27 seconds short.  
Mission accomplished on both parts!

I set a new PR... 23 minutes, 25 seconds over the previous 24 minutes, 27 seconds!
I also broke the 24 minute mark that has been plaguing me for the past year. 

It felt good.  I ran hard.  I struggled with a bit of a cramp between the 2 mile and 2 1/2 mile mark.  But I managed to ignore it and keep rolling.  It felt really, really good. 

I also enjoyed running in my new Active Water jersey.  (Feel free to go HERE and donate for clean water for those who don't have it!) 

The next time I am scheduled to race will be the Air Force Marathon... in 49 days!

Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment