Friday, February 20, 2009

Pandora Radio


Those of you who have been around here for a while know that I love technology (don't get me started singing... you won't like it... but I will sing from Napoleon Dynamite...). But I really do. I love my laptop... I love my iPhone... I love finding new things that work and are cool.

Right now, I'm sitting in Starbucks (the one my wife works at). Starbucks, in my opinion, is notorious for having some pretty crappy music (most of the time). But I'm listening to Pandora Radio right now instead.

Basically, if you've never heard of it before... and I've been listening to it off and on over the last couple of months... it is an internet radio station. You tell it a band, artist, song, genre, etc and it live steams music for you. It starts with what you suggest and then builds a playlist of similar items. If at some point you don't like their choice, you can "vote" a song down (meaning that they won't play any more like that) or if you like it, you can "vote" for a song (meaning that they will play more like that). You even have the option of buying songs that you like directly from iTunes or Amazon.com.

It's great.
And they have a mobile version that I listen to on my iPhone all the time. (App HERE.) In fact, the app is so strong that it works well over the "edge network" and even in places where signal is low.

If you've never heard of Pandora, it's worth checking out. By the way... I'm not getting paid for this recommendation... I use it, I like it and I thought maybe you would too. Check it out!

Jim


1 comment:

  1. Pandora does kick some serious butt. I've created a "Black Sheep Radio" station, and I've been remembering fondly what rap was and longing for what it could have been had there never been a P. Diddy or a Snoop Dogg.

    ReplyDelete