Saturday, July 04, 2009

Freedom!


Happy Birthday America.

I love living in this country. I love the freedom that we are able to enjoy. I hope that you spent a day relaxing and enjoying the freedom that our nation provides and the opportunities that we have here like no other place on the planet. I hope that you enjoyed a great fireworks display (like I did last night)!

But remember... Freedom isn't free. Millions of our country's bravest are protecting my ability to sit on my couch, watch the evening news and blog. I'm thankful for them. Two of my grandparents were in that group... having served our country. My uncle was in that group. I have countless friends in that group. I have several former students in that group (thanks Ashley, J.T. and Brandon and others).

But also remember... while this country does provide some great opportunities, true freedom is only found in one place: Jesus Christ. John 8:31 and 32 says: "Jesus said, "If you hold to my teaching, you are really my disciples. Then you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free."

True freedom is found in a relationship with Jesus Christ!!

Thank you America for a great nation. But thank you Jesus for truly setting me free!!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment