Friday, January 22, 2010

Fat guy running club update... and diet update...

It's been a little while since I've updated my faithful readers on my diet and running plans. So I thought today would be a good day.

Especially since I knocked out my longest run yet today... 4 1/2 miles! (It was a really good run... I felt strong. I ran a path that I had never ran before and it was fun.)

I am currently on track to run my 10k around spring break time. But I have also decided that I'm going to at least run the Columbus, OH Half-Marathon in Columbus, Ohio with my sister on Sunday, October 17, 2010. But who knows... by then I might be ready to run the full marathon... we'll see.

I'm also toying with the idea of running the E.T. Full Moon Midnight Marathon (Area 51 1/2 Marathon (at midnight around Area 51) in August... Yes, there really is a marathon like that. We'll see. I should be ready... but who knows...

On the diet front, I seemed to have run into (pun totally intended) a little wall at the 246 mark. This morning I weighed in at 247.5, the lightest since before the holidays. But I seem to be hovering (annoyingly) around this area. But I am confident that I can push through and break into new ground (245!!!) soon! I have been eating pretty good... but I might need to cut another 200 calories a day to push through. (Just not tonight... it's pizza night in the Clark house!!!)

So... that's where I'm at... running 10-12 miles a week and hanging around the 248 weigh in point! How are you doing with your New Year's resolution to lose weight?

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment