Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Help for Haiti!!! (UPDATED... again... again)

Like you I'm sure, I have been watching some of the coverage of what is happening just south of our borders in a very poor section of the world. If you've missed it, Haiti was hit by a massive 7.0 earthquake yesterday afternoon that has left the country devastated.

As I've watched some of the coverage, I have thought to myself, "What can I do to help?" Several of my friends have posted links and I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for all of God's people to get involved in helping out in Haiti.

For many years I have been working with World Vision to do the 30 Hour Famine with our students. So I can vouch that they are a great organization that cares a great deal for the lives and well-being of folks in need.

If you would like to help Haiti, World Vision is taking donations. (Check them out HERE.) It is going to take a massive effort to get this country back on it's feet and it would be awesome if God's Kingdom lead the way in making a difference.

Here are some other organizations that you might consider supporting:
Jim


P.S.: For those who may be wondering about G.O. Ministries and their ministry in the Dominican Republic, I have heard from a couple of missionary friends from G.O. on Facebook. Everyone in the G.O. organization seems to be okay and they are already beginning to serve in any way possible. They stated that they felt the quake but it didn't do any damage. Some missionaries from G.O. are serving in Haiti and they have been heard from and are okay. John Martinez, Isaias Gabriel, Jenn Goodenough and Eric Leach have posted on facebook from Santiago, D.R. stating that they are okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment