Sunday, April 11, 2010

Turn the page... Transition

This morning was a tough morning at church. It was my last morning working with my students on the weekend (I've got a couple more nights of small group) and the last time that I'll have a chance to speak to them as a group. I will be at FVCC this coming Sunday, for the last time as staff, but I didn't want any kind of reception or recognition next week because the children's ministry is putting on a musical and I didn't want to overshadow that and our students our going to support the children.

The church also hosted a reception lunch after second service.

I talked to the students about faith... the importance of putting their faith completely and solely in Christ and Christ alone. While I can't wait to see what God does in the lives of the students in that room (like he has in the lives of so many others), it was still a bit heartbreaking...

As one page turns to another.

I felt...
-encouraged
-sad
-excited
-humbled
-anxious
-nervous
-thrilled

And a whole host of other things. It was encouraging to listen to folks in the church share with me thoughts, memories or things they will remember about our five years here.

We are looking forward to the next page of ministry. The next couple of weeks will be spent handing off ministry here and preparing to begin ministry in Zanesville. We're a bit saddened at the change. We are, however, thrilled and excited about beginning ministry at North Terrace.

I will begin in Zanesville on May 2.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment