Saturday, November 22, 2008

Last Saturday in the apartment...

Last night as I as hanging out at the house, admiring the carpet and appliances (see HERE), I felt this overwhelming sense that I just wanted to stay there. I knew that I had to go back to the apartment... mostly because I was hungry and we don't have any food in the house yet.

But as I was sitting here in the apartment this morning... reading some stuff for seminary and sipping some french press (Starbucks Thanksgiving Blend... or as Jackie and I have been talking it "turkey blend..."), it dawned on me...

This our last Saturday in this apartment!

By this time next weekend, friends from the church will be here. We'll be carrying out couches, TV, desks, beds and all the other stuff that we own and putting it in a truck to take to 705 Chesterfield. And while there have been some struggles with living in the apartment (i.e. parking), it has still been home for the last 3 1/2 years.

So I guess this morning... I'm just reflecting a bit... it's quiet and I'm thinking about some of the good times here.

Jim

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to get into a new house, but the old place does hold some attachment.

    The house we used to rent one town over is now being rented out to the Baptist church next door for office and classroom space.

    It's odd to think that the place I used to sleep might be a Sunday school classroom now. (Go ahead, anyone who wants to hit that punchline.)

    ReplyDelete