Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving - Thankful for...

It's hard to imagine that it's Thanksgiving again.  But alas, it is.  Not that I'm complaining... I love eating until my brains fall out... taking a nap... watching some football... then heading in to eat again. 

This time of the year, it's easy to turn our minds towards being thankful. 

Colossians 3:17 (New International Version, ©2010)

17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.


So... in the spirit of the holidays, here are a few of the things that I'm thankful for this year:
  • My wife... who is amazing and incredible!!! 
  • A great new church filled with incredible teenagers, amazing staff, great leaders.
  • An incredible team of volunteers that love students and give of their time sacrificially.
  • All of our new Zanesville friends who have welcomed us into their lives.
  • My parents... who are allowing us to live in their basement while we get back on our financial feet.
  • Running... it's amazing how much this has changed my life in the last year... since I ran my first race one year ago today in Naperville... and I missed running a Turkey Trot this year.  But since I started running, I've lost 40 pounds and changed my family tree!
  • Starbucks... yeah, I can be that shallow...
  • A God and Savior who forgives my mistakes... loves me unconditionally when I don't deserve it... and continues to use my best efforts in spite of myself.  
I have much to be thankful for!!!  But that's enough for now... where's the turkey???

Have a great Thanksgiving!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your's!!!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment