Friday, November 05, 2010

Running update!!

I quietly snuck up on a major running goal. 

Mid-March, I started to track my running in a running log (thanks to Runner's World Magazine... I got it free with my subscription).  So, some of my running details were saved there and some of them were still in Nike+ where I had been tracking them before (if you don't know, I'm tracking my running with Run Keeper now...). 

A couple of weeks ago, I sat down and added up the mileage that wasn't in my running log and added it in.  I realized that I was 15 miles from having run 450 miles for the year. 

That was two weeks ago!!! I've currently run 457 miles for the year!!! That's the same distance as basically running from Caldwell to Chicago. In other words... a lot of miles!!!

This being my first full year of running... I started running in August of last year... I didn't know what to expect.  But I'm pleased.  My average, through the year, even on days off is a mile and a half.  That's pretty great.  Maybe I can get my average next year up to two and a half miles a day even on days off.  But overall, I'm pleased.  And I'm hoping to knock out another 100 miles before the end of the year. 

So what's next?

As I blogged a couple of weeks ago, I'm planning on running the Flying Pig 1/2 Marathon in Cincy in May.  Additionally, I'm planning on my first full Marathon in Dayton, Ohio at the Air Force Marathon

In the short run... I need a race on the calendar (my training really suffers when I don't have a race on my calendar).  A Turkey Trot isn't really accessible... much to my chagrin... So I've signed up for the Zaney Reindeer Run 5k hosted by the YMCA on December 4th in Zanesville (at Vista Golf Course) with some friends. 

It should be fun... and yeah, I'll likely be wearing reindeer antlers and shooting to better my 5k PR of 24m 38s.  I'm hoping for 24 minutes flat!

Keep running!!
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment