Sunday, December 05, 2010

New 5k PR!!!

I have a new PR in the 5k!!!

Saturday was my latest 5k race.  Additionally, it was Jackie's first.  I was shooting for two goals.  First, I was hoping to set a new PR (personal record).  Second, I was hoping to win the Clydesdale division, since it was the first time that I had ever entered as a Clydesdale (over 200 pounds).

I succeeded at the first:  My previous PR was 24m 48s.  My new PR is 24m 27s!!!  Which is pretty great... to shave off almost 30 seconds.  I'm happy.  Although, honestly, I would have liked to have seen something like 22m.  But I'll take it.

I don't know for sure about the second goal... I don't think they got enough Clydesdale runners to record that... since they never said anything about it when sharing who won each division.  But had they, I would have failed because I know another runner who registered Clydesdale and he beat me by about a minute.  So I wouldn't have won it.

But it wasn't a bad race.  Set a new PR.  Ran my first 5k race with my Mrs (she won her age group!!!!)!  Ran with a student and coworker!!! I had a bad week of training leading up... But I'll take it!!

HERE'S the official link to the news coverage of it. 

Keep running!

Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment