Monday, April 14, 2014

Dominican Thoughts from Bebe Faulhaber

Hola friends and family! :):)

I wish I had enough time to tell you about all the fun and new experiences all of us are having on this trip, but I'm sure you've heard all about today's events from Hannah earlier. To be honest, this is the first blog I have ever posted, and I must say I am pretty excited, so I hope you all enjoy!

Today was our first day of construction, and we've been working in the church. Rachel Murray and I were given the task of painting two bathrooms and a few other walls. After a couple coats of paint, by the end of the day we had completed the job. It felt really great to get to finish a project, and see all of the progress that is happening within the church.

After we cleaned up, had siesta round two, and an incredible dinner we got to go get ice-cream from Bon Helado, and have a couple hours of group fellowship. It's really incredible to see the different types of friendships being built and strengthened throughout this team. Kerlyn drove us back to the house, and we got to jam to some Dominican music in his "party bus."

When we got back to the house, I got the chance to share my favorite scripture and lead a devotion for the team. I read from Isaiah 49:15-23 (MSG), and then closed in prayer. Now I am currently relaxing with Rachel Murray in our host family's living room. I have picked up the habit of journaling every night, but it is harder to write out all of my thoughts than I had originally imagined. There is just so much to say, and my hand can only take so much writing.

One thing I love so far has been experiencing the different culture. All throughout the day, and even during the evening I love to hear and fall asleep to the music that is being played throughout the neighborhood. Speaking of the night, there is supposed to be a lunar eclipse around 3am, so hopefully I can crawl out of bed and sneak out onto the roof and catch a glimpse of it. Jim says no, but he isn't stopping me. (Shh, don't tell him I said that).

Well this turned out to be longer than I thought it would be, but so much is happening in this community, and I am so grateful that I was able to come on this trip. I am excited to see what the rest of the week has in store so us. I also want to say thanks again for everyone's love and support towards this trip. We have been so blessed. I hope all is well back in the states! :)


Bebe Faulhaber



No comments:

Post a Comment