Thursday, November 15, 2007

Crazy excuses...

So I've been doing youth ministry for a while now... close to 10 years. And in the midst of that time, I've done a lot of youth ministry events... CIY... amusement parks... camps... retreats... and in doing those events, I've done a lot of sign up sheets of students who are planning to attend. In the midst of those sign ups, I've heard some crazy excuses as to why people can't come or don't come to events.

We've been working on getting our student worship band up and running on the weekends. (It's been down for a couple of months.) And we've got a great guy working with a couple students... Clayton who plays guitar, bass guitar, and drums... and Tracy who sings.

We were getting ready for practice tonight, as everything Thursday night. And Tracy didn't show up. So, as typical, I gave her about 10 minutes just in case she was running late. When she didn't show, Alex gave her a call. But she didn't answer. A couple of minutes later, she called me back and told me that she wasn't going to be able to sing anymore because she was moving to Alaska.

Yeah... you read that correctly!!!

That definitely goes down in my book as one of the craziest excuses (true or not) that I have ever heard in youth ministry.

Moving to Alaska!!!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment