Monday, January 23, 2012

Human rights... for everyone?? (On Abortion)

 13 For you created my inmost being;
   you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
   your works are wonderful,
   I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
   when I was made in the secret place,
   when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
   all the days ordained for me were written in your book
   before one of them came to be.

Yesterday was the anniversary of the historic case that decided the death of millions of children called "Roe v. Wade."  If you aren't familiar, Roe v. Wade essentially made abortion legal in the United States.

In my opinion... this could be considered one of the most despicable and grotesque things that we have allowed to happen in our country (right up there with slavery... and we had to fight a war to end that).

While this won't be a long post... I simply wanted to mark the date (again) this year and remind everyone of the sheer numbers of babies being murdered/killed for convenience.  According to the CDC report, in 2007, a total of 827,609 abortions were reported.

That, my friends, is sad...

Today in Washington, D.C., millions of individuals are marching to Capital Hill and the Supreme Court (again) in protest of this killing.  Unfortunately, I scanned the major news networks' websites looking for any mention of the march.  What did I find?  Nothing.

Again... Sad...

For 39 years, we've allowed the slaughter of unborn babies. 

Sad...


JC


No comments:

Post a Comment