Sunday, June 17, 2007

I'm going to make it official... I'm a Cubs fan!!!

Well...

For about 3 months now, I've been secretly (to everyone but my wife) undergoing a regular ritual... a baseball game...

Well... I've been watching the Cubs' games.

I know... shocking... Especially to my friend from Geogia who is probably picking himself up off the floor right now. Up until this point, I have been a Chicago-White-Sox-hating-Cleveland-Indians-fan. I've always been a Tribe fan, ever since I was little... I was there for the first season at the "Jake" when it first opened and while living in Meadville, watched almost every game.

But the reality of the situation is that living here in Chicago makes it pretty hard to watch Indians' game on a regular basis. But I can watch every Cubs game. So I've been watching them. My dislike for the Sox has given me toward the northsiders... plus a couple of games at Wrigley have encouraged it.

So, I'm going to make it official here on my blog tonight... for all of my readers out there...

I'm a Cubs fan...

Even in the wake of a 11-3 loss to the San Diego Padres, which I'll probably have to get used to being a fan of one of the most cursed teams in the Majors... Although the Derek Lee fight yesterday was pretty crazy.


Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment