Wednesday, July 25, 2007

reading update... 1290 pages!


Last night, I polished off "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini (author of Kite Runner... which is next).

That takes my reading total for the summer up to 1290... only 710 behind schedule.

Overall, I would say that I enjoyed this book. It certainly wasn't a book that I would have picked up with a good review from a friend. In fact, I wasn't recommended this book, but Kite Runner... which is next... but I requested this book through our library and when it came, they gave me a week. It was almost like they challenged me and told me that I couldn't read it in a week... well, I showed them!!!

It was an interesting book and Khaled kept me turning the pages and interested in what was coming next. It did get a little predictable toward the end, but he threw in one final twist on the last page that left a good impression. If you've got the time... pick it up!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment