Saturday, July 21, 2007

Reading Update...


I realized this morning that I've failed update on my summer reading schedule of reading 3000 pages. At this point in the summer, I should have read 1,750 pages. This past week, I polished off "Trogan Horse" by Marc Cerasini. It was a pretty good read, but it's hard to read books that deal with pre-season 1 material knowing what happens later.

But it counted for 352 pages... with 372 done...

Bringing the total to 724 pages.


Then...



This morning I wrapped up a book that I've been reading off and on for a while now...

Rob Bell's "Velvet Elvis"...

It was a good read. Rob's work is extremely post-modern. But a good read none the less.

It counted for 194 pages...

Bringing the grand total to 918 pages.




As for right now, as for "church reading" I'm between books. As for "personal," I started last night on "A Thousand Splendid Suns" by Khaled Hosseini (writer of "The Kite Runner") and knocked off about 70 pages. I'm hoping to wrap it up this weekend (it's 372 and due back to the public library on Tuesday...). So, hopefully I'll have a new update soon...

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment