Sunday, May 25, 2008

Anniversary Weekend AWAY!!!


Jackie and I had a great weekend away. I didn't realize how rarely we get away on a trip just the two of us that has no connection to Student Ministry. But this weekend was that.

Jackie didn't know anything about it. But:
  • Friday morning we flew to Pittsburgh.
  • Went to a Cubs game at PNC Park (Cubs won 12-3!)
  • Stayed a hotel in Cranberry Township.
  • Visited the Starbucks where we went on our first date.
  • Visited Mount Washington where we went on our first date.
  • Ate dinner at the Iron Bridge where we got engaged.
  • Shopped all day on Saturday in Grove City (bought two new pairs of shoes!!)
  • Rented a car, flew and stayed in a hotel all on our credit card miles and for about $30 total for all three!!!
  • Had a great weekend!!!
Here are a few pictures from the weekend. There are more on my Facebook page (HERE) if you care to look.













First picture is Jackie hanging with "Jake Blues" at Midway while we were waiting for our flight. The second picture is me hanging with Robin at Red Robin's.

Here is one view of PNC Park.







The Jumbotron scoreboard at PNC Park. I thought to myself several times over the course of the game that I'm glad that Wrigley doesn't have one of those annoying things. It was a total distraction from the game.









Such a great picture!!!

















Big "Z" pitched and pitched well.













The Cubs went on to win the game... Then the game was followed by a great fireworks display.















Then we headed on Saturday to the Iron Bridge. It is easily my favorite restaurant in the world. They have some of the best "Surf N Turf" (with Prime Rib... ooh baby!!).
















As you can tell by this picture, I was really excited when we finally got a table!!!












After dinner, we headed up on Mount Washington, where we went on our first date. We enjoyed the city as teh sun was going down the lights were coming on... it was beautiful.














I even got a kiss for all my hard work and planning!!



It really was a great and relaxing weekend. I was looking forward to it so much and it was definitely up to par.

Good weekend!!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment