Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Downhere was incredible!!!


I think that all the stress was worth it.

Pulling off these concerts is a pretty stressful thing. One of the most stressful things about it is knowing the financial side of things you have very little control over. We can advertise and prepare but unless people buy the tickets, you're in trouble. And you can't make people buy tickets, or at least not when you want them to. Several people asked me over the course of the time how ticket sales were doing. They were always doing, but not as good as I would have liked. When they asked me how I would have liked them, I told them that I would have liked a sell-out!!!

But it was good. We sold more tickets than last year (World on Fire Tour) and our attendance at the show was better than last year (although I don't yet know how much better). Plus, the spirit was just better than last time. There was more energy in the room.

Overall, it was a great show. Downhere did an incredible job. The crowd was really into the show. We had a great group of students who came out and really seemed to have a good time (plus I had three incredible students who came out in the afternoon and did whatever I needed done... they are true servants. Will played "goofer" for me while Shelby and Sarah came out last minute and helped out in the kitchen. And I couldn't have pulled off the show without you guys!!!). Of course I couldn't have pulled it off without an incredible team of volunteers who helped me out and my right arm on some of this stuff... Steve, who's worship team pulled off an All-Star performance as the opening act.

Downhere was great to work with. They were accessible and relaxed. It was really, really good.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment