Thursday, May 08, 2008

Back on the diet...


Well...
It's been almost 8 months since I was seriously on a diet. For those of you who are regular readers, you'll be reminded that last year I lost close to 50 pounds. I've put a few back on over the school year. My lowest weigh in was 247.5 back in September... THIS was the last post on the subject.
This morning I weighed in at 260.0. So, not too bad for a winter of schoolwork and horrible eating. But we're back on officially this morning. I have salad to look forward to at lunch today... which makes me almost want to just skip lunch... but I won't.

I'm heading for 200 pounds. Hopefully I will be able to get down to about 220 before school starts back up in late August. School is really hard on my diet. And then we can finish off the last 20 pounds in the fall.

We'll see.

Then I walk into the office this morning. Now, let me provide a little context for you. Today is Thursday. This morning I went to my weekly Bible Study at Panera Bread... where I have been used to having a bagel (or at least what they call a bagel...) with cream cheese and usually a breakfast sandwich. This morning I had neither. Just a coffee since I had eaten breakfast before I went in. I get to the office about 8:30 am and what do I find... a plate of brownies sitting in front of the door... ugh!

But so far so good... but it's only been 2 hours... but I've stayed out of them. We'll see if we can make it. Maybe I'll grab them on the way out and hide them somewhere where I don't have to see them...

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment