Friday, May 09, 2008

PDYM Community Lunch... Batavia!!!


I'm sure... if you're like me and if you're getting this, there's a good chance you are... because you're in youth ministry... that right now is a bit of a crazy time. Summer is coming. Graduation is right around the corner. Promotion Sunday is coming (when you get a bunch of new squirrelly 6th graders and lose a bunch of great Seniors... or get some great 6th graders and lose some... well, you get the picture). Plus you've got things like vacations, VBS, camp, etc, etc, etc coming up. Things are busy.

But I would like to invite you to slow down and connect. I know you may not feel like you need to or that you have time to. But I need to and if I need to, then there's a chance you should too.

We (myself, Simply Youth Ministry, Purpose Driven Youth Ministry, Doug Fields, Josh Griffin, Neely McQueen, Rick Warren... just kidding on the last one...but he might agree if he knew I was writing this) have set up a Community Lunch date for Northern Illinois on Thursday, May 22nd at 12:30 pm. The lunch itself will last until about 2 pm. There will be an exclusive Doug Fields' teaching, conversation about ministry and a time of prayer for each other... plus the great time of connecting with other youth workers and sharing stories. I would love for you to come and I'm sure that if Doug or Rick were writing this letter, he would agree. The cost of the lunch is just $6 to $7 for a boxed lunch. I would love for you to come. If you would like to bring some volunteers, that would be great too.

My hope and prayer is that it would be a time of connection and conversation.

If you would like to come, please shoot me an email and let me know and how many so that I have adequate food. If you have any questions, feel free to email me (jim@fvcc.com). I'm looking forward to hanging with you and hearing about what God is doing in your student ministry!

Doing youth ministry alongside you!
Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment