Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ski Trip Wrap Up


The Ski Trip on Monday was awesome.

The slopes were incredible. They were perfect depth. We had about 25 inches of base. The temps were a little chilly... but that's good in my opinion (I'm not a big fan of skiing and sweating the whole time.). But the temps were between 0 and 10 most of the day, so that's good.

Plus, and this is the best part, we got about 5 inches of incredible fresh fluffy powder throughout the day. It was lightly snowing most of the morning, but really picked up about noon and snowed hard the remainder of the day. By 4 pm, there was a good layer of fresh powder in most places. It made for an incredible ski day.

Plus, I did almost every black diamond in the place. That's a new one for me. A couple of times before I had done some diamonds, but not by choice and often not enjoying them. But this time I felt confident and tackled most of them and had a blast chasing the kids down the hill!!!

I can't wait for February 18th to get here. That's when the middle schoolers go skiing. We've already got a good crew, but there's still room for more. And I can't wait!!!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment