Thursday, January 03, 2008

Thursday morning guys' group...


This morning, I joined an early morning guys' small group/Bible study.

With the increasing student ministry schedule and my classwork at Lincoln, it's been difficult for Jackie and I to get connected and stay connected in a small group. The nights of the week are short and we have very few at home together. So, I thought I would try a Bible Study/Small Group in the opposite direction.

This morning was the first morning. It was good. I hate getting up. The Student Minister in me loves to sleep until 9 am and then stay up later. This group meets at a Panera Bread at 6 am. The Panera Bread is 20 minutes from my apartment. So it's another morning like Tuesdays (going to Lincoln) just without the 3 hour drive.

Today, we talked a little about Matthew 6:1-4. We are using a commentary from James Montgomery Boice on the Sermon on the Mount. The read itself is pretty easy... chapters are about 6 to 8 pages long. I've got about 100 pages to go to catch up... which I should be able to easily cover before next week. This morning was interesting. I'm trying to get a read for the group before I begin to participate a great deal... but I tend to sit quietly and listen when in a group like this... which is totally opposite of how I am with students. That's just part of who I am. So, we'll see what happens.

As for right now, I'm sitting by the fireplace in that Panera Bread... trying to get some warmth... but failing... because it's stinkin' cold outside. My car was telling me -2 on the way down here this morning. My outside thermometer at home was saying -3.3. Cold!

Supposedly it's going to be in the 50's over the weekend. Are you kidding me!!!???

Oh well.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment