Thursday, January 24, 2008

Thursday mornings...

So I seem to be developing a weird habit this week. It happened on Monday... and it happened again this morning. First off... let me say that I hate mornings. I love to sleep. I enjoy the bed. And nothing makes me feel better than to sleep until I am ready to get up and then getting up and having a cup of coffee.

But over the last few weeks, I've been attending a Thursday morning Men's Bible Study Group (check it out here and here). Which means that I have traded in my 4 am wake up call on Tuesdays for class... since we don't have to leave until about 9 am... for a 5 am wake up call on Thursdays for Bible Study.

This morning, I rolled over, woke up and looked at the alarm clock at 4:57 am!!! I still managed to snooze. But I woke up before my alarm. And it happened on Monday too. Monday we went skiing (check it out here and here). Again, another early morning as I had to be at the church by 6:30 am. But that morning, with an alarm set for 5 am, I woke up at 4:55 am... 5 minutes before my alarm.

I don't know what's happening to me. If I am developing a new habit... And I'm not sure if I like it or not... But I'll go with it and see what happens.

As for Bible Study, we had a good discussion on "Our Father" from the Sermon on the Mount. Good stuff. Now, I am relaxing at Panera Bread and getting ready to read some CS Lewis.

More on CS later.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment