Friday, August 28, 2009

Daily Read August 28, 2009

Psalm 39:4-5, NIV

"4 "Show me, O LORD, my life's end
and the number of my days;
let me know how fleeting is my life.
5 You have made my days a mere handbreadth;
the span of my years is as nothing before you.
Each man's life is but a breath."

It's amazing to me to think of how short my life really is. At this point in my journey, I'm 32 years old. Which to me sounds really old... but I know that there are some reading this who are much older than I... I realize that it's not that old.

But when you think about it, 32 years seems like a long time. Or even 60 or 80 years seems like a long time. But in the view of eternity... where time has no measure... but it just is...

32, 60, 74, 81 and 15 years really are a phantom (as verse 6 says).

Help us, Lord, to realize today how fleeting our lives really are.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment