Sunday, October 10, 2010

Month of Wisdom - October 10

I love to run. 

Most of you that know me or at least follow me on my blog, Twitter or Facebook know that.  One thing about my running that you may not know is that I hate to run after dark.  If the sun isn't up (or at least coming up soon) yet or it's about to go down (before half of my run is over), I'm not going to go. 

I have had bad ankles in the past and I'm intentional about making sure that I don't do something to hurt my ankles... which can happen when it's dark.  A twisted, hurt or broken ankle sidelines a runner fast.  I've got running goals to accomplish and don't want to be sidelined for an extended period of time.

So if I'm not sure about my footing when I run, I don't run.  I want to be able to run securely... so I stay off of dark roads and crooked paths... Check out Proverbs 10.  Good advice, not just for running, but for life. 

Proverbs 10:9 (NIV)
 9 The man of integrity walks securely,
       but he who takes crooked paths will be found out.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment