Thursday, October 07, 2010

Month of Wisdom - October 7

I eat an apple almost everyday. 

A couple of years ago, Jackie and I began a diet habit that has carried over... it's a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack.  Around 10:30, I have a morning snack and around 3 pm, I have an afternoon snack. 

Almost everyday, that mid-morning snack is an apple.  Right now is a great time to eat apples because they are all fresh and tasty.  (As a sidenote, we got a great box of apples for about $10 and they are awesome... just thought I'd share.)  I always look forward to that apple for snack. 

We should have a similar response to the wisdom found in God's word.  Check out Proverbs 7:2:

"2 Keep my commands and you will live;
       guard my teachings as the apple of your eye."


As the old saying goes, "An apple a day, keeps the doctor away..."  A bite from God's Word brings life.


Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment