Friday, October 08, 2010

Month of Wisdom - October 8

There have been times when I've done stupid stuff... I know... hard to believe but true.  There have been times when I thought I knew what I was doing.  There have been times when I thought I knew where I was going.  But in reality, I didn't.

A couple of weeks ago I drove up with Jackie to visit Ashland Seminary, where she is taking a few classes.  In my mind, I knew for the most part where I was going.  I also had a GPS in the car that was giving me directions.  I, however, decided that I knew better which direction to go and assumed that the GPS would just play along and eventually realize that I was going the "best" way. 

Come to find out, I didn't know where I was going.  And I had to take some less than ideal dirt roads in order to get where I wanted to go and almost made us late for an appointment. 

See I thought I knew... but I really didn't.  Wisdom said, "Follow the GPS... It has a better perspective and more knowledge than you do."  Foolishness said, "I know where I'm going... This will be okay."  Wisdom would have saved me some time, dirty looks from my wife and dirt on the car.

Maybe you need to hear the word of Proverbs 8 today... especially verse where the foolish gain understanding from wisdom. 

Proverbs 8:5 (NIV)
 5 You who are simple, gain prudence;
       you who are foolish, gain understanding.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment