Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Month of Wisdom - October 19

I need reminders.

I don't know how you organize, but I have a moleskine (which I have a couple of friends that will tell you that's it a fancy name for a journal...) that I keep just about everything that is currently important or might be important in the future.  I'm a list keeper.  I keep a list of projects.  I keep a list of current ideas.  I keep a to-do list for things that I have to get done this week... this month... and my current goals. 

Same is true about my running.  I have a schedule... list of my upcoming runs... so I don't have to worry about what to do next. 

Same is true with my office.  Things that get filed are often out of sight... therefore out of mind.  So I tend to leave current projects on my desk. 

I need to be reminded regularly. 

That's one of the reasons that I read my Bible regularly... I need to be reminded... I tend to forget... I need to continuously be putting instruction into my heart.  (And yes... I have a list of Bible readings too...)

Take a look at
Proverbs 19:27 (NIV)
" 27 Stop listening to instruction, my son,
       and you will stray from the words of knowledge."

Those who quit listening to instruction... tend to stray... I want to stay on task today... how about you?

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment