Saturday, October 09, 2010

Month of Wisdom - October 9

I like to read.  I won't really say that I love to read... given equal opportunities, I might choose to do other things (like going for a run... hanging out on Facebook or playing XBox (although I haven't played much XBox lately).  But for the most part, I like to read. 

Because I like to gain new knowledge.  I don't have it all together.  I don't know everything (yet... although I'm getting closer).  I know that there are things that I don't know and can learn from others. 


For instance, right now I'm reading John Maxwell's leadership classic "The 21 Irrefutable Laws of Leadership."  Here is an individual who knows far more about leadership than I will ever know.  And I have a few moments every day where I get to learn a bit from him and his experience.  When you think about it, that's a great opportunity. 

Learning truly is a privilege.  One that many don't take.  Solomon valued wisdom and learning and reminded us that wise folks learn and gain in wisdom...

Proverbs 9:9 (NIV)
 9 Instruct a wise man and he will be wiser still;
       teach a righteous man and he will add to his learning.

What do you need to read today in order to learn???

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment