Monday, October 25, 2010

Month of Wisdom - October 25

It never ceases to amaze me how powerful a kind word can be.  Pastor Bill talked yesterday about being intentional about how we use our tongues in adult worship.  The power of the tongue is incredible. 

  • Power to heal...
  • Power to hurt...
  • Power to help...
  • Power to harm...

And most of us don't think twice about what we are going to say before we say it. 

I'm no different than you.  There are times when I think things in my mind... they sound good/funny/applicable... until they are out of my mouth.  Then I stand there like an idiot wishing that I could suck them back into my mouth. 

Solomon has a good reminder from Proverbs 25 today:

Proverbs 25:11 (NIV)
 11 A word aptly spoken
       is like apples of gold in settings of silver.


Today, slow down and think about what you're going to say. 
If you're thinking of something mean, cruel or nasty... follow mom's advice and keep it to yourself. 
If you're thinking of something kind, encouraging and insightful... follow Paul's advice and share it!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment