Saturday, October 16, 2010

Month of Wisdom - October 16

When was the last time that you prayed about doing something BEFORE you did it?  Most of us likely do what I do... do something and then pray that God blesses what I just did.  It's amazing, though, when you take the time to pray to God about something before you do it how much more Spirit-guided it is.

Sometimes... when I pray about something that I want to do... and it's not Spirit-guided... I don't do it. 
Sometimes... when I pray about something that I want to do... and it's not Spirit-guided... it fails.
Sometimes... when I pray about something that I want to do... and it's not Spirit-guided... I do it anyway and I look stupid.

Sometimes... when I pray about something I feel God is leading me to do... and it is Spirit-guided... God makes it HUGE!  Check out what Solomon says in Proverbs 16...

Proverbs 16:3 (NIV)
 3 "Commit to the LORD whatever you do,
       and your plans will succeed."


Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment