Saturday, April 05, 2008

Visiting a church tonight...

One of the assignments that I really enjoy about my Church History/Historical Theology major is the action step option to visit a church. This will be the third time that I have done it (see HERE & HERE for a previous visit... the last visit didn't seem to make my blog... although I thought it did... but I couldn't find the post... oh well).

I have really enjoyed seeing how different churches worship and then having the chance to ask questions... which is part of the assignment, talking with a staff member.

Tonight I'm going to visit The Orchard Church Community. Their history (and Google... which is how I found them) show them as an "Assemblies of God" congregation. Now, their website doesn't necessarily reflect that. But hopefully after the visit tonight, I'll have a little better picture of whether or not they are "still" an AG Congregation.

Historical Note: As a church group, the Assemblies of God organized as an offshoot of the Pentecostal movement in 1914.

After tonight, I am planning to have a phone conversation with their Student Minister on Monday and maybe grab lunch later in the week. Should be fun! But I'd better go get changed!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment