Saturday, February 02, 2008

Groundhog Day is the stupidest thing...

I don't know about you...

But I've been sitting here on my couch doing some work. The weather channel is on in the background, but it's muted. So, I'm not really watching it. Mostly I'm working. In the last couple of hours, today's happenings from Punxsutawney have flashed by on weather channel a couple of times... which I have seen in it's muted, none voiced-over fashion... and it is the stupidest thing ever.

Watch it on mute sometime.
These old men in top hats in the middle of winter pulling this groundhog (overgrown rat) out of a fake hole in the ground and then holding him up for everyone to see and someone else reading this little scroll that supposedly states that we're going to have more winter.

How absurd!

I'm looking out the window of my apartment at the 8 or 9 inches of snow on the ground and I can tell you that we're going to have more winter. Duh!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment