Thursday, February 21, 2008

National Youth Ministry Conference begins tomorrow...


I am really looking forward to this tomorrow.

Today is kind of the last minute blitz to get some things done before I get to go out of town to the NYMC in Cincinnati. I've got about 10 or 12 things on my punch list for today. In fact, I'm at home right now getting ready to get down on some writing before I head into the office after lunch.

But I am really looking forward to this conference. I've already blogged some about it... but I won't link those. But I guess the biggest thing is that I've just felt over the last couple of weeks that I need a breath of "fresh air" in terms of ministry. There are times when as a student minister, I feel so overwhelmed, under qualified and ineffective and I need a fresh idea, a fresh thought, or a fresh challenge. Sometimes, I just need someone like Doug Fields or Kurt Johnston (and I mention them because I know that they will be there... but there are others...) who can say something from their experience that I NEED to hear. And I always come back with a fresh attitude and a fresh perspective.

So... there may not be much blogging between now and 4 or 5 tomorrow afternoon. Mostly because I will be punching things off my list and driving to Cincy. But once I get there, I will be firing up the "live blogging" and trying to capture some of that freshness here on my blog.

Jim

1 comment:

  1. Congrats, you get to give away a digital download version of Hooked from Simply Youth Ministry. Come up with some way to give it away as you blog the Group/SYM Conference. Can't wait to read your posts!

    JG

    ReplyDelete