Thursday, February 14, 2008

NIU Shooting this afternoon

Most people, at least in this area, have heard about the shooting at Northern Illinois University today. Scary, scary stuff. Chris Genders, a former paster at FVCC, was close to campus. He went over to make sure that all the students were safe. For a short time, we (Chris and I... cell phones were down in the area and so he asked if I could try to call him) were trying to get ahold of one of the campus pastors. But shortly thereafter, all in the Christian Campus House, which FVCC supports as a local mission were reported as safe.

Still... scary scary stuff... especially so close to home. NIU is about a 30 minute drive from my house and I have been in Cole Hall where the shooting took place today.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the students and faculty of NIU.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment