Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Tuesday night HS Small Group... longest game ever!!!


Tonight I jumped in and taught a night of HS Small Group. We had four guys there and I decided to play a game with them before starting. I brought a 100 piece puzzle and some prizes.

The game was to see who could put the puzzle together faster. Here was my thought: these are high school guys... it will likely take them 8 to 10 minutes to put together an easy puzzle for 5 - 8 year olds.

It took two of them... I won't say which two... 27 1/2 minutes to put together a 100 piece puzzle!!! Holy cow!!! That was like the longest game ever!! Just to put it into context, the other two students goofed off and really didn't work very hard and they put it together in 15 minutes...

Wow...

Oh well... We had fun and relationships were built... and we did get to the lesson. Fun night!

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment