Saturday, March 08, 2008

Back out in the hall tonight...

Well... I'm back out in the hallway again tonight. My laptop... a full battery charge (with the charger nearby)... and catching up my blogging and reading my blogs. This still stinks. Last night, I finally made it to bed about 1:15 am.

Tonight though, I had some hope. I was looking at my watch... 10:45 pm... thinking... "I'm going to get some sleep tonight." Especially since we aren't pulling out of here until 9 am. Sounds like sleep to me.

Then it dawned on me. Tonight's the beginning of Daylight Saving's time. That's means that 10:45 just became 11:45 pm... and my watch just beeped midnight. So much for a good night's rest.

But, that's part of the job and part of the glory. Thanks God for the chance to hang out and have some significant conversations tonight with several students... A... A... K... G... M... It was good to be able to look some students in the face and speak some life into their worlds and also encourage them when they have felt like that their world is about to end. This part of my job might be pretty sucky... see last night's post HERE... but it's still the best job in the world... hands down!

Jim

1 comment:

  1. Hi again, Jim, so, did you guys have any fun??? Jesus did say bring the children unto Him because He wanted them to hear His Word. I don't know whether to be encouraged or disheartened, Jim. I suppose it's in the hearts of parents and the hands of God, so to speak. I do hope and pray that Jesus made good headway through the Believe weekend and do also pray that you all arrive home safely. Remember, Isaiah and God mounting lifting us up with wings like eagles. It's all by God's grace and by His perfect plans . . . Try and get some rest for the long drive back tomorrow. God bless and Christ's peace be with you each as you guys return home. In Christ, a concerned parent, Jenn

    ReplyDelete