Wednesday, March 19, 2008

His Ways... Day 10... Jennifer Waltermire

Today's devotion... written by Jenn Waltermire... is from Exodus 13:8(NIV):

"On that day tell your son, 'I do this because of what the LORD did for me when I came out of Egypt.'"

I need to be reminded of important things often.

I am a to-do-list person... I also leave piles of work on my desk... on the couch at home where I watch TV (when I should be doing work)... on the "to-do-list" of my iCal calendar... just about everywhere I can think of. Because, for me, out of sight is out of mind. And I need to be reminded. Reminded to stay 'on-task' and to get done what needs to be done. Even my wife knows this about me... In fact, when we got married almost 5 years ago, my wife knew that I would forget the date. So she had it engraved inside the band of my wedding ring (now... I can't wear it because I lost too much weight last year... and need to get it resized).

But I forget things easily. Even my Bible reading plan falls behind if I'm not careful. It's just part of who I am.

But I am grateful for what Jenn shared today. That God gave the Israelites a built in way to remember what God had done for them (the Passover) and that he has given me a built in reminder for what he has done for me and for you (Easter). What a great opportunity to go back and remember... remember again... what God has done for me on the cross.

Thanks God for knowing me... and us... so well as to know that we would need to be reminded often.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment