Sunday, March 09, 2008

Believe was great!!!

I got back from CIY Believe this afternoon. Jackie and I returned the vans and then we both absolutely crashed on the couch and took a nap. We were both absolutely exhausted. In fact, right now, I am still currently exhausted. But we had an incredible trip!!!

Here a few highlights from the trip in my opinion:
  • 18 incredible students who made the trip...
  • 3 awesome adults... two of which had never been on a trip with me... but gave up their weekends to help our middle schoolers have a great time...
  • several times of having conversations with students... maybe not memorable conversations... but "available" conversations...
  • several memorable conversations that I will follow up on this week.
  • hearing Kurt Johnston speak... Kurt always serves up the good stuff and keeps me wanting more...
  • the worship was incredible... especially the painter... more on him later...
  • we got through the entire weekend without having any major hotel issues... I always get a bit concerned putting students up overnight in a hotel. when we don't have a choice, it's one thing (like if we broke down), but with this kind of event, I'm always a little bit concerned that someone will sneak out or someone will break something or whatever...
  • no major road problems... broken down vans, flat tires, etc, etc...
  • great times of relationship building that will be remembered for years to come.
One of the best things about an event like this... and it happened several times this weekend... is the next year hearing students saying "Remember when..." this happened... or "Remember what ..." that guy did. That's one of the best parts of doing a trip like this where go do a similiar type thing every year.

I find myself already looking forward to next year... but especially to Summer Conference with our high schoolers in late June. More on that later.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment