Saturday, March 22, 2008

Good Friday last night!!!

We had a great Good Friday service last night.

Steve Osborne (our worship guy) did an incredible job of picking some songs that led us straight to the cross. And he arranged them in a great way that made worship easy. It was quiet and thoughtful. It was a really great experience.

I taught last night briefly...
Here's the basis of that talk:
  • We have all made mistakes (sin) in the past.
  • We will all continue to miss the mark in the present and the future.
  • When Paul told us those two things in Romans 3:23, he included everyone in those two categories (not just some... but all).
  • Those mistakes are a debt that couldn't have been paid any other way than through Jesus' death on the cross.
I'm so glad that Jesus came to pay my debt. Thanks Jesus for doing that. I hope that my life honors you and what you've done for me.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment