Tuesday, March 11, 2008

His Ways... Day 2... Ruth Anne Boone

Today's devotion by an elder's wife... Ruth Anne... begins with a Scripture from Matthew 9:12...

"On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick."

When I first read the Scripture today, I found myself instantly thinking of my life recently. As I posted yesterday, I recently visited my doctor. This doctor has been my doctor for over a year now and this was the first time that I had visited him. In sharing my recent visit, several people have asked why I waited so long. My response was simple: "I wasn't sick... Healthy people don't go to the doctor unless your doctor specifically asks you to come."

I am thankful that God looked down and recognized that even though we may think we're "okay" and "healthy," we really aren't. And he sent His Son... the "doctor"... who could help us and fix us in a way that we couldn't do ourselves.

Ruth Anne today talked about all the imperfections in our lives and how great it would be if we could have some of those peaceful and quiet moments of meditation and I must admit, it would be great to have those times. But I'm just like the rest of you... my schedule is way too full and I have way too little margin in my life. But I am grateful to have a God who loves me in spite of my mistakes and who made a way for me to be "healthy" before I ever knew that I was sick.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment